Scout Scrip: Using money that you are already spending to raise funds for Troop 118
Introducing Our New Fund-Raising Opportunity… The Troop 118 – Scout Scrip Program
Do you give gift cards as presents for birthdays, graduation, Christmas and other celebrations throughout the year? Well, what if we told you that you could buy those same gift cards at the same price through the Troop? The only difference is that the Troop gets a premium from the card issuer for each purchase? To make it even better, the gift cards will be delivered to you at the weekly Troop meeting – you don’t even have to run another errand to get them!
Did you know that most national chains - gas stations, grocery stores, department stores, restaurants and home improvement stores issue gift cards? If you shop for your own needs for goods and services at these stores, why not buy gift cards for your own use through the Troop? There's no additional cost to you to go this route, but for every dollar you spend using a gift card, the card issuer pays the Troop a premium. The premiums range from 2 to 16%
We have an opportunity to use money that our families are already spending in order to raise funds for the Troop.
What is Scrip? Scrip is substitute money. In most cases, it comes in the familiar form of gift cards that you are already using at most of your favorite merchants. The merchants sell the scrip at a discounted rate to the Scrip Vendor from whom the Troop purchases the gift cards. The great thing is you get 100% of the value that you spend on scrip. If you pay a $100 for a gift card to Lowe’s then you get a card with $100 on it AND the Troop gets the discount!
What Merchants? Dick’s Sporting Goods, Bass Pro Shops, Starbuck’s, iTunes, American Eagle, Pottery Barn, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Home Depot, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Bath & Body Works, Blockbuster, Longhorn Steaks, Gap, Old Navy, Kohl’s, Marshall’s, TJ Maxx, Sears, Staples, Office Depot, Williams Sonoma, GNC, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Movie Theater Tickets and just about every restaurant chain…and list goes on and on and on…. for a complete listing see www.shopwithscrip.com.
It sounds Great, now what do I do?
Go to our "Getting Started" page to learn how to sign up.
- Once you complete your order…print your Purchase Order (PO) & Write a check for the total order…checks are to be made payable to “Troop 118” (checks are the only acceptable payment at this time)
- Bring your completed PO w/check attached to our Monday night Troop meeting
- Most Orders submitted on Monday will be available for pick up the following Monday.
- Scrip is available only in denominations listed on website. Each vendor has its own usage guidelines so be sure to read them carefully BEFORE purchase and make sure that you understand them.
- Scrip is to be handled like CASH; once it is distributed…it cannot be replaced if lost or stolen; please handle accordingly.
All PO’s must be submitted by the end of the Troop meeting with full payment for the order to be placed that week.
You can easily find a Family User Guide and FAQs at www.shopwithscrip.com. Please feel free to email any questions.